Homes by Email
Be the first to see new listings as soon as they hit the market!
1. All applicants whose income is counted in rental amount will be screened. A completed application will be required. Information provided on application(s) must be truthful and complete.
2. Total, verifiable income of at least 2.5 times the rental amount is required. (If the property will allow Section 8, only the actual dollar amount paid by Housing Authority may be included in this amount. Some owners/properties will not accept Section 8.) We may ask for copies of pay stubs, bank statements, etc. to verify income.
3. Sufficient funds to cover Security Deposit and first month's rent, plus monthly expenses and "emergency" funds - must be verifiable.
4. Credit report and score must be acceptable. No credit is better than bad credit. All credit scores (for all applicants) must be above 600 - many properties require 650. The owner/property may require a higher score.
5. Co-signer (if allowed for property) will be fully screened. Co-signer must have good credit and verifiable funds/income. No "out of area" co-signers.
6. Academe will contact current/previous landlord and employment. Favorable references are required from employment and landlord(s).
7. If pets are allowed at property, pet owner is required to have and maintain renter's insurance with pet mentioned in insurance. Dogs will be screened by Academe. Some breeds may not be acceptable. Lease/rental agreement will contain "PET ADDENDUM".
8. Not all properties allow pets. The majority of our properties are NO SMOKING inside of the property. Many properties require the tenants(s) to maintain the yard/grounds. Please ask in advance if this is a concern for you.